Wednesday, November 28, 2018

30A - Final Reflection


Final Reflection
  • My most formative experience during this semester was watching the first person the professor interviewed. It stuck with me because the idea that I had put together and looked in to developing a few years ago was about solving the same problem I was trying to solve. At first it knocked me on my butt then I remembered the professor saying that just because other people have the same or similar idea, it’s not the same as what you have in your mind. That helped me push on and refine the problem to the point that I discovered I used to think more about the solution than the problem.
  • I have always seen myself as a type of entrepreneur, but I realized that is in mindset only. Being an entrepreneur requires you to take the next steps which can be challenging but offers up its own rewards. I have always toiled over starting something on my own and I think it’s time for me to get serious with that decision. 
  • For those who want to take the class seriously I would recommend they really find a problem at the beginning for the bug list that they are very passionate about solving. If they can grasp on to that they will be engaged in the rest of the class to see how their idea develops. Planning is key. There are a lot of interviews and finding people can be a challenge, especially for older, working students with children. This was a big challenge for me that proved to be the biggest time crunch. If you want to do well on the cupcakes you have to watch the lectures, which personally I enjoyed.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Scott,
    I definitely agree that watching the lectures made the class more interesting. Seeing what Dr. Pryor said about being an entrepreneur makes it all the more fascinating. I have enjoyed conversing with you this semester. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors!

    ReplyDelete