Five things that make up my human capital, in no order:
1. Creativity – Although I am creative to some degree when it comes to the arts, in this context I am creative at solving problems. I can look at large problems and break them down to smaller digestible tasks along the way.
2. Knowledge – I have been in business & technology for 20yrs. I joined a start up that grew from 70 employees to over 3000. A private company that went public. I have worked with every major US technology company to develop products throughout my career.
3. Training – I have attended courses through my job and on my own in Computer Science, Business, Product Management, Project Management, and Executive leadership. Each contributing to a well-rounded professional that understands the complexities of running a business.
4. Patience – This did not come naturally, and I credit maturity for the most part. I can pause in extreme stressful situations, listen to people, and bring things back to a level of normalcy. I can explain my expectations concisely to communicate the end goal.
5. Loyalty – I am extremely loyal to my friends, family, and others that are part of my life. I am also devoted to any cause that I pursue and give it 110% when I decide it is something I need to fight for. I never give up and never give in.
{I am still waiting for a couple of interviews to come in so I can add a summary}
Scott,
ReplyDeleteI think the qualities you've listed will assist you in any endeavor, but I can definitely see their usefulness in business situations as well. I think your definition of loyalty is fantastic, as you expand the traditional idea of sticking by those that are closest to you through thick and thin by extending that same attitude to whatever cause you think is worth fighting for. It's a fighting spirit and I think it's great.