A little background about me and my relationship with entrepreneurship. I like to think that I embraced an entrepreneurial spirit from a young age. Growing up with very little, I had to find ways to make ends meet. From the age of 10 years old I have constantly worked to solve problems and get ahead. Delivering newspapers to folks that couldn’t get to a newsstand, delivering milk in exchange for a small wage and dairy for my family, and joining a startup that went public are a handful of roads I have traveled. Most recently the company I work for promotes entrepreneurship and rewards employees that solve problems. I have created my own position at the company on numerous occasions and several positions for others. My latest problem to solve is designing a methodology that can be used to measure the health of a customer with the goal of reducing churn and improving customer satisfaction.
I enrolled in ENT3003 this semester because the timing was right. Private investors have acquired my company, so change is inevitable. The options on the table are to operate within the guidelines of the new company, find a new company that offers the same level of entrepreneurial spirit, or find a problem to solve and lead the effort to do it.
Be Not Afraid!!
No comments:
Post a Comment