Friday, September 21, 2018
8A – Solving The Problem
How to solve this problem:
In previous exercises we flushed out the opportunity assessment. In the previous exercise we homed in on that opportunity.
My idea is to put the paper business card providers out of business.
Why?
· 88% of what is printed today is waste and that is just in the US
· 2.5% result in increased sales from business card distribution. That seems like a low number to me and everyone I have talked to so far find it hard to track sales to business cards distributed
· I don’t consider myself a tree hugger but reducing the number of trees we have to cut down to create paper is surely a bonus. Not to mention the plastic coating on a lot of these business cards
· The instant gratification age we live in today means I don’t want to wait or run out of business cards
· A paper business card provides no insights
How?
· Business cards need to be transformed to a digital version
· The options need to have controls for who you want to share information with
· The product itself needs to optimize the unknown opportunities that may be in front of you that you would otherwise not know of
· The card itself needs to contain context of its distribution to the viewer
· Conversions of distribution need to be trackable
· Information about the receiver or distributer should be dynamic and not stale. For example; maybe I want to share LinkedIn details with individuals but not others or maybe I want to keep my contacts updated if I change jobs/positions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment